The purpose of a P&C Association is to provide parents and carers with a forum to voice their opinions, concerns and suggestions regarding the well-being and advancement of their child’s education.
Another very important role of the P&C is to provide our school with the resources beyond those provided by Government budgets.
Currambine Primary School is very lucky to have an active P&C Association, made up of parents, carers and members of the local community who are passionate about raising additional funds, to help support our students and school.
In 2021 our P&C Association raised a huge $42,000 through the various fundraising events and activities they organised. The money was used to support; decodable readers, shade structures, book awards, the chaplaincy program and more!
Click here to view a message from our P&C which details how the funds raised have been spent to help our students, and how they need more help to continue the great work.
How to get involved:
All parents/carers and members of the local community are welcome to attend our monthly P&C Meetings, and are invited to get involved with our P&C Committee. It’s a fantastic way to make new friends and, with your help, we can make this a wonderful year for our children. Check the Term Planner for upcoming P&C Meeting dates.
Follow the P&C Facebook page to keep up to date with fundraising events and initiatives and how you can get involved: www.facebook.com/CurrambinePC/
There is also a Facebook group for P&C volunteers: www.facebook.com/groups/2391893284162736/
Currambine Primary School P&C Business Plan
To provide the best possible environment at our school that promotes our children’s health, happiness and educational development and prepares them for the future.
Together with the staff and community to support our school, we shall promote the physical, social, emotional and educational welfare of our children.
To support our children our key strategies will focus on:
- effective communication
- a healthy physical environment
- effective use of all resources and opportunities
The key measures of our success will be:
- happy, healthy children
- children who are successfully preparing themselves for their next steps in life
- meeting the financial and developmental targets established by this process.
We will continuously work at improving the effectiveness of the P&C by:
- Looking for new and easier ways to communicate with all parents, particularly those constrained by work or family matters.
- Ensuring the accessibility of committee members to parents, staff and the community.
- Ensuring the committee members remain abreast of developments in education management and the community that may impact on our children.
- Taking advantage of every opportunity to promote the school spirit to the community.